5-Day Men's Intensive
September Intensives are sold out!
October 23-28, 2022
You missed out!
5-Days Direct Care with Dr. Michael Barta
Neurobiological Treatment For Sex Addictions and Problematic Sexual Behaviors
Dr. Barta began running intensives for sex and pornography addictions in 2008.
The men's intensive is led for the full 5-days by Dr. Barta. This unique opportunity has not been available since 2019. Dr. Barta’s passion has made him return to direct client care to provide excellent quality therapeutic work directly with each member of the intensive.
Who are the clients who can benefit most from Dr. Barta's intensive?
Serving clients who:
- …navigate secret sexual behaviors have just been discovered
- …achieve lasting sobriety – frequent relapses
- …restore their current relationship due to infidelity
- …discover the basis of their behaviors
- …receive deeper healing than a treatment program offered
- …identify thought distortions and behaviors that keep them stuck
- …recognize the risk of returning to their old behaviors
- …find traditional methods of treatment ineffective
- …need effective treatment with a limited amount of time
Healing the Core Drivers of Addictive Thinking and Behaviors
5-Day Men's Intensive with Dr. Michael Barta personally guiding your healing
His 5-Day Men's Intensive was created to find and heal the underlying conditions that promote your sexually compulsive behaviors. Dr. Barta explains in layman’s terms how the brain and autonomic system of the body adapt for safety as a response to past events that were painful.
Understanding the basics of how the brain and body work in tandem in response to developmental experiences that were less than nurturing is an effective way to heal the compensatory survival strategies that hold you hostage. Your developed behaviors stem from an inability to trust, and authentically connect with others.
Included in the 5-Day Men's Intensive
- Accommodations and treatment within the same location
- Dr. Barta’s newest research based neurobiological ENTUNE™ Model
- State of the art assessments to provide an accurate view of your current mental health and addictive behavioral issues
- Seamless transition from and return to your current therapist or Treatment Facility
- Identifying and healing the real drivers of your addiction and offers a plan to practice and develop healthy connection and interaction.
- Helps you understand and heal the damage to your partner, marriage, and family
- Provides a complete discharge plan that is easily integrated into current or future providers for continued support in your healing and recovery.
- Work directly with Dr. Barta, a nationally known and trusted expert in sexually disruptive behaviors and who has been providing intensives since 2008
- Limit the time you need to be away from your family and work
- Provide the lowest cost research-based treatment option available that is fully facilitated by a nationally known expert
- Heal with Dr. Barta’s newest cutting edge neurobiological model that works directly with your brain to heal the core of your behavior
- Experience deep healing and authentic bonding
- Find, restore, and live your authenticity
What makes Dr. Barta's Treatment Different?
Old models of treatment (still primarily used today) will provide education on addiction, have clients do a couple groups per day and never really discover or discuss the primary reasons your addiction has occurred. Unfortunately, a majority of people’s time is spent in down time with no therapeutic facilitation. Dr. Barta's intensive provides therapeutic care 8 hours of face-to-face per day for 5 days. While the older models still focus on managing external behavioral techniques, Dr. Barta’s treatment focuses on healing the causes of the behaviors, so you are free to stop destructive sexual behaviors
What is Neurobiological Treatment?
Healing From the Inside Out
Sex addictions, pornography addictions, on-line social hook-ups, multiple infidelities, and compulsive sexual behaviors are rooted in trauma that can be effectively healed for good, allowing you to reclaim the authentic person you were born to be.
In 2014 Dr. Barta became the first person to actually use a fully neurobiological model to treat sex and pornography addictions in the treatment setting. He has expanded to include treatment for Compulsive Sexual Behavior Disorder (CSBD) a newly added diagnosis by the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) that is now recognized as a diagnosable medical and mental health issue.
Neurobiology focuses on healing the core brain and body systems instead of relying on external behavioral control as a means to keep the problematic sexual behavior contained. Barta’s expertise has shown that unless you heal the source, the addiction or compulsion will continue to come back either in the same behaviors or transfer to other destructive behaviors. Dr. Barta’s treatment returns you to a healthy state of functioning, allows you to reclaim your authentic self, and heal the damage to your relationships so you can finally have the ability to foster a deeply connected intimacy with the ones you love.
Fill Out The Form Below To Apply For The 5-Day Men's Intensive
"*" indicates required fields
*Note, Dr. Barta is unable to treat sexual offenders.
After finishing this book I could understand my husband’s sex addiction from a different point of view. The book explained WHY my husband does what he does. I have taken the lying and cheating so personally, the author explains that it is not me, hallelujah! I am still angry and confused, but now it feels like there might be hope.
"Accessible and hopeful"
This book is a valuable resource for partners and recovering addicts alike. Dr. Barta succeeds at breaking down a complex issue in a clear, informative, accessible, and hopeful manner. It is a book I will refer clients to for a long time to come.
"A man that truly understands"
I love the public acknowledgment that Michael had hit bottom and is in recovery. It might just be me, but I want someone that has “been there” helping me through. This book is written by a man that truly understands addiction from the inside out.